Makes 5 Dozen
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
12 oz chocolate chips
1/2 cup softened butter
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt into a bowl and set aside.
2. Melt chocolate in a metal bowl set over a pot of simmering water, stirring occasionally so it will melt evenly; remove from heat when smooth.
3. In a stand mixer (I actually mixed everything by hand), cream butter and sugars on medium speed for several minutes until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
4. Pour in melted chocolate and beat until combined.
5. Add flour mixture and chocolate chips and mix on low until incorporated.
6. Cover dough and refrigerate for about 15-20 minutes until it is firm enough to scoop.
7. Preheat the oven to 350.
8. Roll dough into small balls.
9. Bake for 8-10 minutes-cookies will still appear soft but will firm up upon cooling.
10. Sprinkle with powdered sugar (optional) and ENJOY!