Saturday, February 16, 2013

SHS 2.16.13.

Hola, happy Sunday! Or almost Sunday. I am so stuffed up I can't really hear much. I had one burst of energy today, which was spent doing my own lip-syncing version of Eye Of The Tiger. Why you ask? We have recently been listening to it on repeat and so it was stuck in my head and I felt the need to do it. Oh and its on video... I used my cat, a guitar, and a little red riding hood cloak.



So I got a bit of candy for Valentines Day, and most of it was pretty gross. The best part was being able to take lots of pictures!
Candy
 My camera was acting up again and turned the picture all fuzzy. Right now I have been loving orange juice. SO good.
Love
Heart pancakes with strawberries? Yes please! Today I got a pancake set thing-a-mi-jig that I won in a giveaway and I was having fun with the little squirt bottle and shapes. This is the only heart that turned out like a actual heart...
Pink Or Red
 Surprisingly, there wasn't even you heart that said kiss on it.
Kisses
 This kitty very rarely smiles. This is the closest she gets, since she is still a kitten and acts like a kitten she loves picking on the older kitties.
Smile

Okay, I'm going to go watch some more Supernatural with my new best friend, a box of tissues. 




Ni Hao Yall


Serenity you




24 comments:

Leave It To Davis said...

Oh, I'll bet those pancakes were delicious! I think I would have had to get a thin pointed magic marker and would have had to write "kiss" on one of those candy hearts! Great job on the hunt!

Kmcblackburn said...

Wow, those are some piercing eyes on your kitty. BEautiful.

Cedar said...

Heart shaped pancakes! How clever and cute!

Unknown said...

Oh yes, heart shaped pancakes would be so great start for the morning! :)

Anonymous said...

Very nice interpretations. I love the pancakes picture, mmm ♥

lessandra said...

That's a cool pancake - and a great idea for Valentine's Day. I like your kitty cat :)

EG CameraGirl said...

I like the idea of serving heart-shaped pancakes. I wonder if I need to wait till next Valentine's Day. :)

Nancy said...

So glad you liked the pancake kit Yolanda -- such pretty pancakes! :)

Tamar SB said...

Heart pancakes - so cute! I totally thought you wrote that you used your cat as a guitar, ha! Hope you're feeling less stuffed up!

hennymats said...

Lovely photos - but it was your writing that just cracked me up. Love it!

hennymats said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicki said...

Ok, how are you managing to score the #1 spot week after week? I even managed to keep my old self up past midnight last night, but it was a no show on Ashley's part. lol!

I also turned to the furry for my smile shot, and if you're not using conversation hearts this week, then I'm guessing you are not a member of the convo club. I do like your arrangement of them. I am seriously impressed with your heart pancake - don't know if you've seen it on Pinterest, but I quickly thought "ain't nobody got time for that" humor pic. Actually, it is very sweet and nicely displayed with the strawberries.

Hope you are soon one with the eye of the tiger and feeling better.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

You did it, now I'v got eye of the tiger swirling around in my head.

I love your pancake!! The dash of red is perfect. And just so you know, cats may smile at each other but they only smirk at people.

Mary Gene Atwood said...

Oh those pancakes are calling me! Amazing! Nice set this week.

eileeninmd said...

The heart shaped pancake looks yummy. And I love your cute kitty! Wonderful series of images. Happy Sunday!

Kim Cunningham said...

I agree that one of the best things about Valentine's candy is photographing it...unless it is chocolate...then you photography it and eat it! Our cats could be siblings! Have one just alike.

Christine E-E said...

your stuffy head hasn't affected your humor! love your quirky nature! and I too am wondering how you get the #1 post? it's a mystery to me. My fave of your shots... the candy suckers. plain & simple. get to feeling better.

Karen Lakis said...

That pancake looks yummy! Nice set of photos!

Ida said...

Great set. Conversation Hearts abounded this week. Funny you couldn't find one with Kisses on it. I had a hard time finding one with Smile on it.

Loved the Heart Shaped Pancakes and your Kitty smile shot, such gorgeous eyes.

Anonymous said...

I loved that you shared your lip-syncing bit - too funny. Lovely set of photos too! Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

I do hope you're feeling better soon. At least your candy was good for this week's prompts. :-) I love that black cat!

trulymegs said...

Those pancakes are so fun!

GranthamLynn said...

Great snaps. I loved the pancakes made me want some! I enjoyed visiting you. I am now following you in my little blue slippers.
I posted a scavenger hunt too.
Come by and see me.
Have a great week,
Sherry

Laurie said...

What a sweet set of photos!! Sorry to hear about your camera, it can sure put a damper on life when they are acting crazy.