Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Tree Buds

Hello people! Since the prompt for Texture Tuesday is wise words I was contemplating being really sarcastic and saying things like "When using a hammer, don't hammer the nail through you're hand" and stuff like that and I actually still really want to so that is what I am doing. If you don't like it...well then go use that hammer (I'M KIDDING, jeez.).

Something you should not do when babysitting a toddler is leave her alone for more then 10 seconds. If your toddler is anything like the one I am babysitting as soon as you leave she will tear stuff apart. But I personally find it so cute when she shrieks with glee over throwing things everywhere that I just let her do it and then clean it up.

Textured with Kim Klassen's Sybil and Nested

Something you should do when you realize you don't have pictures for todays post is to have your sister take them for you because the lady you are babysitting for is waiting outside in the driveway so you don't have time to take them (I actually did try taking the pictures myself but my sisters camera doesn't like me and didn't work so I had her do it and then email me the pictures.).

Textured with Kim Klassen's Sybil
 
Another thing you should do when babysitting is take them to the park in almost 80 degree weather (or not) so she can play play play and then come home and take a nap because she is so tired.

 
 
I hope you enjoyed my wise words! Or not!
 
 
*All photos in this post were taken my sister with her beautiful fancy-shmancy DSLR that I like to borrow all the time*
 
 
 
(google reader is going away. follow me on bloglovin' to stay updated!)

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Kim Cunningham said...

Pretty and wise words, especially regarding toddlers!

Nancy said...

Such sweet reminders of spring....

Jess said...

Beautiful photos! I love love love taking up close photos like these :) What kind of camera do you use?

Jess

Nancy said...

These are so pretty Yolanda -- spring has definitely sprung in your area. xo

Unknown said...

I love little buds.
I love spring.
I love the name of your blog Yolanda : )
Hope you have a happy week. Take care, Becky

EarlK said...

Wise words to live by. Your sister did great taking your photos.

Nicki said...

Baby-sitting tips to live by. We're both about the buds it would seem. Nice photos.

Anonymous said...

Relaxing!

amanda said...

I really love the glow of the green in that second photo. Your sister did a good job! and I can't wait for some green!
Oh, the stories I could tell you about my twin boys (who are 15 now) when they were toddlers.. the mischief when I turned my back!
Egg mischief. Brownie mischief. They kept me on my toes, those two.
I used to babysit a lot growing up. Kids are fun! (and sometimes tiring) ;)

Tamar SB said...

The lighting in the second picture is amazing! Gorgeous captures!